BS Chemical Engineer, Colorado School of Mines
Kinetics Lab Ammonia Rate Law October to December 2017
- Operated differential reactor and determined conversion of ammonia into nitrogen and hydrogen.
- Created a non-linear confidence interval calculator in excel to determine 90% CI from regression.
- Utilized VBA and a reaction id integer to allow easily interchangeable rate laws evaluation by only changing one cell.
Summer Field Session July to August 2017
- Operated and analyzed distillation columns, calibrations, and usage of gas chromatography units, derivation of Murphree tray efficiencies.
- Analyzed pressure swing adsorption columns and compared experimental and theoretical values for breakthrough time, ideal time, and saturation capacity.
- Compiled and analyzed data from heat exchangers and compared to respective forced convection heat transfer correlations.
- Determined permeability of nitrogen and oxygen through a membrane under varying temperatures and pressures.
Process Dynamics and Control April to May 2018
- Worked alongside IMC and Ziegler–Nichols tuning on tank level control experiment and flowrate control.
- Performed step test analysis on system to determine transfer function parameters.
Lunar Regolith Refueling Station March to May 2018
- Supervised the development of hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen liquefaction process with 50% oxygen recovery and full recycle hydrogen and nitrogen loops in ASPEN Plus.
- Operated VBA mouse tracer to gather data points from lunar volatiles temperature release mass spectrometry and produce a reasonable approximation of volatile release composition and quantity.
- Applied heat integration to reduce heating costs.
- Utilized hierarchy blocks for modular design of key processes improving stream organization and reducing calculation time.